There are a number of new and ongoing development projects that are contributing to economic development in Prince George’s County, according to the 2016 Prince George’s County State of the Economy Address that NAI Michael had the pleasure of attending on April 13, 2016.
Many new and ongoing development projects were highlighted during the State of the Economy for Prince George’s County. County Executive Rushern L. Baker III, Jim Coleman of the Prince George’s County EDC, Derrick L. Davis of the County Council, and Jim Estepp of the Prince George’s Business Roundtable all spoke about the transformation and re-envisioning of the County. In fact, Baker said that there are more than $7 billion worth of projects in the pipeline, including:
- MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill: World-class resort and casino at National Harbor; Opening soon!
- Ritchie Station Marketplace in Capitol Heights: Retail destination; Dave & Buster’s now open!
- Town Square in Suitland: Retail and residential community with arts center and senior housing
- Melford Village in Bowie: Sustainable retail, residential and office community
- Towne Centre in Laurel: Retail destination
- Riverdale Park Station in College Park: Retail and residential community anchored by Whole Foods
- Purple Line Metro from WMATA: Approved Metro line connecting New Carrollton (Orange Line) to Bethesda (Red Line)